The state of California may have to be one of the busiest and well developed states in America. It is home to some prolific business establishments and home to many people from all walks of life. This place is in itself an economical giant and that’s why it is also the state where the crime rate is rampant. To address this issue, there’s a need to have a better police force and a well trained Security Guard. Being a Security Guard in the state of California is not an ordinary task to perform. You must expect the unexpected, even if this means placing yourself at the brink of death just to maintain the peace and order in your workplace. Such dedication is needed to be a Security personnel and aside from that certain requirements must be accomplished to qualify for the job. One of these requirements is, of course, acquiring a Security Guard license. In this article, we will talk about the process of how to apply for BSIS Guard card in California. This is for the benefit of those who want to consider applying for a Security personnel job.
Origins Of The Security Guard Profession:
We may think that a Security Guard is one recent concept, but unknown to many this job can be traced back in ancient history. During the time of the Roman Empire, the Emperor of Rome selects a few soldiers to remain in the city for protection against any impending threats. These soldiers were called “Vigiles” and their main task was to keep watch of the city walls and roam around the city in search of stray fires that would burn the city down to ashes. According to some historians, this idea is very well credited for the popularity of the Police, the Fire Department, and the Security Guards. Moreover, back in the old days of medieval Europe, services of “Watchmen” was needed to keep garrisons and cities safe from enemy attacks. These individuals did their job during the night and they sit on the “Watchman’s chair”, a specially designed chair to prevent them from slouching and going into sleep. Over the years, this practice was commonly followed and from these simple duties the work of a Security Guard was also derived.
California BSIS Guard Card Application:
The Security Guard license can only be provided by one governing body and that is the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. This license is the proof that a person applying for a Security Guard is eligible for work. In order to get a BSIS Guard card in California, here are the steps to follow:
1. Prepare yourself – you should be physically fit and be ready to take any physical examinations in relation to the application. Apart from that, you must set aside some money for the necessary scans and processes you will do.
2. Search for a training facility and enroll – in order to get a Security Guard license, you should be able to undergo training so that you will be able to equip yourself with the needed knowledge and skills to face any situation on the line of duty. Part of the training is to undergo the “Powers to Arrest” training. A manual about this training can be downloaded over the internet so that you can familiarize yourself with this and it will be a great advantage to you.
3. Attend the training regularly – always make sure to attend training sessions and be active in listening and jotting down notes. If there are some topics you find hard to understand, don’t hesitate to ask the instructor for qualifications. At the end of the training, an examination will be given to you to evaluate how much you have learned. The result of this examination is one factor in getting the BSIS Guard Card.
4. Submit your license application online along with the $50 standard fee. Aside from that, you will need to submit yourself for electronic fingerprint scan and background check. The DOJ and the FBI can provide the fingerprint scan for you and you will have to pay $19 if it’s done in FBI and $32 when you had it done at DOJ.
5. Wait until such time that the background check has been completed. After this, your application status will be cleared and you BSIS Guard Card will be sent to you by mail with 10-15 days.
The safety and security of every person in public lies in the hands of the Security Guard. These individuals should be competent enough to handle the responsibilities of the job and each of them must have a BSIS Guard card to ensure eligibility. By following the steps mentioned above, an aspiring Security Guard in California will be able to get his license with ease and he will be able to work in any establishments he want to be involved with. Hopefully, you have gained more knowledge on how to apply for BSIS Guard card in California.